Severe Thunderstorm watch issued for Brantford, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Woodstock, Oxford, London, Ancaster, and Hamilton. Conditions are favourable for storms and severe storms with damahing wind and hail.
Severe thunderstorm warning for Brantford, County of Brant, Woodstock, Tillsonburg, Oxford County issued.
At 5:50 PM EDT, radar shows a line of thunderstorms extending from Collingwood to just north of London. Other storms are over western Lake Erie. A few of these storms could produce damaging winds.
Emergency Management Ontario recommends that you take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches.
Strong wind gusts and hail can damage property and cause injuries. Local downpours can cause flash floods.
Go indoors and move away from windows and skylights. Avoid areas of the building that could be affected by falling debris such as tree limbs. Stay on the lower floor of your home or building and if the storm is particularly severe go to the basement.
Avoid driving through water on roads. Even shallow fast moving water across a road can sweep a vehicle away.
Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes.
Significant freezing rain on the way. Potential for a major ice storm likely tonight for parts of Southern Ontario.
A slow-moving low currently over Illinois combined with Arctic air over Southern Ontario to produce a wintery mix this morning over parts of Southern Ontario. But the bulk of the precipitation is yet to come, and is threatening to produce quite serious consequences. The main precipitation is expected to arrive this evening in the form of freezing rain and ice pellets. It may fall heavy at times and be accompanied by a few rumbles of thunder. It will change to rain later tonight in most areas as temperatures rise above the freezing mark.
This afternoon’s commute should not be problematic, but deteriorating road conditions are likely this evening. As temperatures hover near the freezing mark, treated roads may tend to be merely wet while untreated roads may become slippery. Also, shoreline areas near Lake Ontario, including downtown Toronto, may see mixed rain and freezing rain, which will significantly limit the impacts in those areas.
The greatest concern is the risk of widespread power outages beginning this evening from downed tree limbs and power lines due to significant ice accumulation combined with northeast winds gusting to 60 km/h. Freezing rain amounts up to 10 mm are quite possible in many areas with some regions possibly exceeding 20 mm. The heavier amounts would be primarily to the west and northwest of the Greater Toronto area, over the higher terrain of the Oak Ridges moraine and above the Niagara Escarpment.
Rainfall Warning continues for Norfolk County, including Delhi, Simcoe, and Port Dover.
Heavy rainfall again tonight.
Several rounds of significant rain and thunderstorms have been affecting the warned regions over the past few days. Yet another heavy area of rain is threatening the area tonight as a slow-moving low approaches from Illinois. It is expected to develop this evening and continue well into the night along with more potential thunderstorms and heavy rainfall. An additional 25 to 30 mm are expected by Friday morning.
This Warning is for: Ancaster, Boston, Brant, Brantford, Caledonia, Cambridge, Delhi, Hagersville, Haldimand, Hamilton, Ingersoll, Kitchener, Langton, Norfolk, Norwich, Oakland, Oxford, Paris, Port Dover, Scotland, Simcoe, St. Thomas, Tillsonburg, Toronto, Vanessa, Waterloo, Waterford, Woodstock
Rainfall Warning issued for Brantford, Brant, Oxford, Norfolk, Simcoe, Delhi Woodstock and London areas.
Heavy rainfall into Thursday.
A series of low pressure systems will give periods of rain to the regions from this evening through Wednesday and into Thursday. The rain will be heavy at times with isolated thunderstorms also expected. Rainfall amounts of 50 to 80 mm are expected by Thursday.
The rain will likely change to freezing rain Thursday in the London and Oxford areas. To the south, near Lake Erie, additional rainfall amounts are expected before the rain changes to some snow Friday.
EDIT: Weather Watcher S Sills is seeing heavy lightning and rain already in Tillsonburg/Oxford area.
Alot of lightning in these storms and flooding everywhere, very intense downpours.
— S Sills (@WX_SSills) April 10, 2013
A rainfall warning has been issued for Brantford, Brant, Norfolk, Simcoe, Delhi, Port Dover, Oxford, Tillsonburg , Ingersoll and Woodstock.
A low pressure centre over Lake Michigan is expected to slowly intensify as it tracks toward the Central Great Lakes today. Rain associated with the low is streaming north from the Gulf of Mexico to Southern Lake Ontario. Regions near and just north of Lake Erie are expected to receive the highest rainfall amounts with about 25 mm before the rain tapers to showers overnight.
With snow melting and all the rain, residents are advised to take caution near lakes and rivers.
A freezing rain warning has been issued for Brantford, Brant, Simcoe, Delhi, Norfolk, Tillsonburg, Oxford, Woodstock, Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, and Southern Ontario. Snow changing to freezing rain tonight and overnight.
Be careful travelling this afternoon, especially if you are heading north or west of the city of Brantford. A freezing rain warning has been issued for Tillsonburg, Oxford, Woodstock, London, Middlesex, Kitchener, Cambridge, Waterloo, Ancaster and Hamilton. Edit: Brantford, Delhi, Simcoe, Paris, Norfolk and Haldimand Counties added to the warning effective 2:30 pm.
The first real taste of winter may cause roads to be icy and if it changes to snow after ice is on the roads, driving my be treacherous. Be prepared for a quick change in road conditions.
As long as the website holds up, I’ll post and tweet about the upcoming storm…. we might get. Right Steph Paige?
Severe thunderstorm watch for
Brantford – County of Brant
Woodstock – Tillsonburg – Oxford County
Kitchener – Cambridge – Region of Waterloo
City of Hamilton
Dunnville – Caledonia – Haldimand
Simcoe – Delhi – Norfolk
London – Parkhill – Middlesex County
St. Thomas – Aylmer
Significant threat of severe thunderstorms tonight.
This is an alert to the potential development of severe thunderstorms with large hail, damaging winds or heavy rainfall..Monitor weather conditions and listen for updated bulletins.
A warm front approaching the Great Lakes tonight is expected to pose a significant severe weather risk. Thunderstorms are rapidly developing over Central Michigan this evening and they are expected to congeal into a line that will cross much of southern and Southwestern Ontario. They will likely reach regions adjacent to Lake Huron late this evening and rapidly Progress southeastwards towards the west end of Lake Ontario down to Lake Erie overnight. Strong wind gusts to 90 km/h, large hail and torrential downpours are likely with the most intense storms.
Buy my Crap is a page of stuff I have for sale.. such as below.
Free Shipping In Brantford, Paris, Simcoe, Delhi, Brant County and Norfolk County. Rest is displayed in the terms as you visit the site. Yes I will ship to the UK, and even Mexico. More items will be added as more are retrieved.
- Nivea Body DNAge Zone Action Serum 5oz/150ml Anti-Age Body Care
- Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Night Concentrate 30ml
- Dove Radiance Hair Treatments Advanced Color Care weekly Hair Treatment New
- Bonne Bell Rolly Lip Smackers #608 Cookie Delight / Vanilla Frosting .34oz
- Revlon New Enamel Nail Polish Midnight Affair #791 .05oz/14.7ml
- REVLON Nail Enamel – Strawberry Electric #190 Nail Polish .5oz/14.7ml
- Maybelline XXL Extensions XX-TREME Length Microfiber Mascara #592 Brownish Black
- Maybelline XXL Volume & Length Mascara # 502 Brownish Black New
- Bonne Bell Liquid Lip Smackers #922 Skittles .09oz/2.8ml
- Bonne Bell Liquid Lip Smackers #138 Coca Cola .09oz/2.8ml
- Bonne Bell Lip Smackers Bubble Gum 0.14oz /4.0g
- Bonne Bell Lip Smackers Strawberry Banana .14oz / 4.0g
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter, Shimmer, Eyeshadow, 8.5g
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter, Shimmer, Eyeshadow, 8.5g
- The Balm Eyeshadow – The Sexpots – Work is Overrated – 0.57g – 0.02oz
Category: Eye Shadow
The Genzel StoreThe Beauty Shop Item The Balm Eyeshadow The Sexpots Work is Overrated 0.57g 0.02oz Descripton The Balm Eyeshadow The Sexpots Work is Overrated 0.57g 0.02oz Shipping In all cases, except for fragra…
- The Balm Eyeshadow – The Sexpots – No Money, No Honey – 0.57g – 0.02oz
Category: Eye Shadow
The Genzel StoreThe Beauty Shop Item The Balm Eyeshadow The Sexpots You Buy, I’ll Fly 0.57g 0.02oz Descripton The Balm Eyeshadow The Sexpots You Buy, I’ll Fly 0.57g 0.02oz Shipping In all cases, except for fragra…
- The Balm Eyeshadow – The Sexpots – You Buy, I'll Fly – 0.57g – 0.02oz
Category: Eye Shadow
The Genzel StoreThe Beauty Shop Item The Balm Eyeshadow The Sexpots You Buy, I’ll Fly 0.57g 0.02oz Descripton The Balm Eyeshadow The Sexpots You Buy, I’ll Fly 0.57g 0.02oz Shipping In all cases, except for fragr…
- I Love CANADA the Bear Ty Exclusive Beanie Baby Babies (Rare)
- Dermaglow Nuvectin Advanced Wrinkle Therapy 50 mL/1.7 Fl. Oz Anti-Aging
- MIP McDonald's TEENIE Beanie Babies GLORY The Bear
- Dasani Mouth Watering Strawberry Lip Gloss 5.2mL
- 2010 Upper Deck Hockey Day In Canada 2010 Cards
- Bonne Bell Sqeezy Lip Smackers Pink Lemonade 5.9ml
- Bonne Bell Smackers Flip Juicees #083 Wavy Watermelon
- Bonne Bell Smackers Flip Juicees #082 Cotton Candy Rush
- Bonne Bell Smackers Flip Juicees #081 Sugar Splash
- Bonne Bell Smackers Flip Juicees #080 Surfin Strawberry
- Smackers Ice Creamies Lip Shine Berry Sundae 2.8ml
- Aquafina FlavorSplash Lip Balm Citrus Blend 2 Pk
- Almay Step 1 Facial Soap (Normal Skin) 100g/3.5oz
- Almay Step 1 Facial Soap (Dry Skin) 100g/3.5oz
- ROC Hydra+ Bio Active Bio-Moisturizing Body Lotion 15mL
- Roc Demaquillage Actif Gentle Exfoliating Cream 40mL
- Olay Definity Pore Redefining Scrub 50ml/1.7oz
- Olay Complete Lathering Cleanser 30ml for healthy skin
- Harajuku Lovers Music EDT Spray Tester 3.4oz/100ml
- Harajuku Lovers Baby EDT Spray Tester 3.4oz/100ml
- Eye Candy 12 pc Metallic Barrette Hair Clasp Hair Clip
- Eye Candy 12 pc Color Barrette Hair Clasp Hair Clip
Tonight..A band of thunderstorms is forecast to move across
Southwestern Ontario this evening including Southern Georgian
Bay to towards the west end of Lake Ontario. There is a risk of
severe thunderstorms to the east of Lake Huron across Southwestern
Ontario this evening. Heavy rainfall is the main threat for the
Bruce Peninsula with damaging winds, large hail and brief downpours
in the southwest. There is also a chance of isolated non-severe
thunderstorms over Eastern Ontario and the Nickel Belt.