On May 11, a driver of a newer model chevy truck slammed into a parked car on Sheridan Street in Brantford and continued on. Video is above. If you know of a truck with extensive front end damage or any information, please call Brantford Police.
Look what is going on in the city? I first discovered this last week.
Looks like ECCA, who declined to be interviewed via email, isn’t happy that the Brant and Brantford chapter of the Kidney Foundation has moved in beside them.
By the way, what is ECCA anyways? They have no website (it resolves to GoDaddy), no charitable donation number, nothing. Brantford Police are looking into the vandalism.
Cenpro Pharmacy – 72 Brant Ave, Brantford
Daisy Mart – 120 Morrell St., Brantford (*)
Esso – 32 King George Rd. Brantford
Immaculate Impressions – 874 Colborne St E (*)
Kidney Clothes Office (2 bins) – 627 Park Rd N, Brantford
Kel’s Diner – 153 West St, Brantford
Midas – 439 Fairview Dr., Brantford
Royal Canadian Sea Cadets – 119 Waterloo St, Brantford
The Beer Store – 280 Murray St, Brantford (*)
The Beer Store – 116 St George St, Brantford
* – Confirmed Co-locations with ECCA Bins.
EDIT: Mike Lambkin is the Brantford contact for ECCA. Through small pictures I could not retrieve on google plus, he shows that ECCA bins were also hit with tags.
Now that twitter has decided to screw with the formula, my favorite program, TweakDeck, is no long going to be functional as of May. As a result, I need a new program to fit my needs on my android. But I have specific needs.
In fact, I search my needs and came across this beautiful post, which I will be heavily borrowing from, since we both share the same desire in a program for twitter on android.
· Columns, including:
– RTs of me
– Any particular Twitter List of my choosing (showing RTs in the list should be an option)
– Any particular Search of my choosing (like, say my city of Brantford)
I have a lot of people following and that I follow. But I have a lot of people that I want to talk to more, so I list them. I purposely made lists for this. So if I was looking to talk to my DJs, for example, I have a list and can keep up with them.
· Individual settings for each column,relating to:
– Frequency of update (and I mean update: downloading tweets in the background whether I’m looking at the app or not, and keeping them sitting there in the app awaiting me reading them whenever I next look at that column. If I pick every 3min, I want this checked every 3min, whether at 1pm and then 1.03pm or 4am and then 4.03am, whatever else the phone is up to!)
– Notifications of new items in column (standard Android notifications, with optional sound, flashing light etc.)
· Cacheing of each column’s content*
· Columns always remember where you were in them last time you looked at them, so you can pick up where you left off
· Multiple accounts
· Media preview (in my fantasy world this includes Vine!)
· Conversation view
· Autocomplete of @ names and # tags
· Native, transparent t.co URL shortening
· Options for which picture service to upload to
· Option to enable Streaming for all Twitter content that supports it, meaning the relevant columns are kept permanently up-to-date, even in the background.
* The cacheing problem is what is touched on under the frequency of update column setting, above: I am baffled by apps which notify me something is awaiting me in a column, then make me wait for the column to load the new items when I go to it – why didn’t it just update when it noticed the new things?! Relatedly irritating: loading the tweets in a List, going elsewhere, then going back to the List and finding it loads the whole thing again. No! Cache it, show what was there last time, then add to it! Of course, my requirement for the app to be downloading tweets at the specified interval 24/7 links into this too – it’d be pointless if it did this and didn’t then cache them.
Now honestly, why twitter had to screw this up is beyond me. So why can’t they offer me what I want? If you know ANY app that is doing this, and by that I mean all of the criteria above, paid or unpaid, let me know. I tried 6 different programs last night and didn’t like any of them. In particular I want cacheing of columns and searches so I can go through them every often. I don’t want an app to tell me there is content then pull it afterward. I should be able to scroll through it.
Let me know if you got anything folks. I’ll keep you updated. Twitter, you fucked up large by the way. You got until May to fix it.
After sending snowbirds to licence offices in a panic, Florida now says it won’t enforce a requirement for all non-U.S. residents to obtain an International Driving Permit.
Earlier today, employees at CAA offices fielded an unprecedented flurry of phone calls and inquiries from people planning to go to Florida after the surprise realization that since Jan. 1, all non-U.S. residents need an International Driving Permit.
“We were informed only two days ago, but it was on the radio today so everyone’s here,” said a harried employee taking names from those in line to get the international licence.
On Jan. 1, Florida passed statute 322.04, a new law mandating the international permit, a paper document written in 10 languages.
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV), the purpose of the new law is for everyone to have “a licence in a language that police officers can understand.”
An IDP is the internationally recognized licence people need when they rent a car and drive in Europe. On an average summer day, with vacationers going abroad, CAA-Quebec’s large office on Drummond normally issues 60 to 75 of these a day, but very rarely in the winter, the staff said.
To get an international driving licence, you need a valid driving permit, $25 and a passport-size photograph.
If you don’t have the photo handy, CAA can take one for you for $13. Grand total: $38.74, taxes in.
“The intent of the change in Florida law regarding the International Driving Permit was to aid law enforcement in Florida when interacting with drivers holding a licence in a foreign language,” a spokesperson for the Florida Department of Highway Safety said Thursday.